Friday 17 October 2008

A nice end to the week

Yesterday when the boys came home from school we spent some time baking yummity scrummity chocolate cupcakes. I love baking with the kids, I remember baking with my mum when I was little (and the kids still love baking when they go to Nanny's now) and I guess things like that are the magical memories of childhood that don't cost a fortune!

Recipe (makes 24)

8oz self raising flour, sifted
8oz granulated sugar
8oz softened butter
4 large eggs
1tsp vanilla essence
3tbsp cocoa
2tsp baking powder

Shove all the ingredients in a big bowl, whisk with an electric whisk until combined, spoon into a bun tray lined with individual cake cases. Cook at 170 degrees until risen and springy (approx 15-20 mins)

Easy as .......... CAKE


Today while the boys were at school, me and the little miss went for a stroll to town to my favourite local butchers for our weekly carnivorous fix! £17 lighter but satisified knowing we were going to enjoy making homemade soups, stews, roasts and other scrummy stuff we came home happy. (Little miss was most impressed as I bought her a painting set from the craft shop - I was quite impressed by small reels of ribbon for just 49p per metre!)

I've also been busy making cards for entry into a big competition but I'm keeping them under my hat for a little while longer!

1 comment:

NGCARDS said...

hello, I got my stamp from http://stores.ebay.com/loongchai74 xxx