Sunday, 28 June 2009

Summery Tilda card

I tried to post this card on my blog on Thursday to tie in with both the Just Magnolia challenge and the Passion for Promarkers challenge. Unfortunately t'interweb was misbehaving so I couldn't do it and now I'm too late for the Just Magnolia challenge anyway.

I used Lemon with Gold for the shading on Tilda's butterfly wings and trousers and Meadow Green with Apple shading for her dress and headband. I used Cinnamon, Cocoa and Henna for her hair and Lemon for the edging of the scallopped Nestability.

Friday, 12 June 2009

Get Well Soon Chloe!

One of the little girls at my sons' school has been very poorly so I offered to make a card for the class to send to her in hospital.

I used my computer to generate a Word Art sentiment which I printed directly onto the card. I used some lovely spotty and stripey ribbons from Anita's and tied knots in it to add some textured detail and two images of Dexter the Bear from Sugar Nellie (I got him in a "Lucky Bag" from Funky Kits)

To tie in with this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers I coloured Dexter using Cinnamon and Pumpkin Promarkers.

Bear - Cinnamon with Henna shading and Blush ears
Jumper - Pumpkin with bright orange shading on the stripes and cuffs

Candles for Camelford

Today is the big medieval banquet in Camelford and I'm ALMOST ready for it ..... got soaking wet hair but that's a minor point!

Here are some of the candles that I have made to take with me:

This one is coloured for the Passion for Promarkers challenge - I used
Cool Grey 2 and 3 for the stonework,
Pastel Blue for the window,
Cinnamon with Cocoa shading for the table
Cinnamon and Pumpkin with Bright Orange shading for Princess Poppy's Gown and Wimple,
Ivory and Blush for the skin tones
Yellow and Gold for the hair

For these candles I used the tissue paper method, I stamped the Poppy and Paddy images from my designs using Ink It Up Black Dye Ink Pad onto tissue paper and then carefully coloured them with my promarks before attaching them to the candles by placing the tissue paper in position, covering with greaseproof paper and then heating with my heat gun before buffing to a nice finish.

Monday, 8 June 2009

Passion for Promarkers and Just Magnolia Challenges

Here is my entry for the sketch challenge on Just Magnolia combined with the Pastel Pink and Apple challenge on Passion for Promarkers

I used coredinations cardstock for the pink backgrounds, the strip of green and the the scalloped circle (which was cut on my robo) were cut from white card and coloured with the Pastel Pink and Apple Promarkers. The wings and the sentiment were highlighted and written with my black Sakura Stardust pen.

I coloured the clothes on the Magnolia image with Apple and Pastel Pink Promarkers. I used Ivory, Blush and Dusky Pink Promarkers for the flesh-tones and Cinnamon, Cocoa and Henna Promarkers for the hair.