Tuesday 20 May 2008

About time I added more crafting pics I think!

I have been experimenting with some new styles of projects this week and I'm really pleased with how they turned out so I thought I'd share them with you.

----------------------------------
This was a challenge, I was asked to make a card for someone who calls her hubby monkey and he calls her piglet. They are a very "rural" couple, she rides horses, he shoots etc so I went for the farm type images. The lady was really pleased with the bookatrix style card.

Next, a bootee cut from the Cuddly Buddly cuttable collection by Rupert the Robo! I chose not to use the print and cut version but cut it from textured cream cardstock instead. This was for Clare's weekly challenge on the DoCrafts Creativity forum where we had to create a card in an unusual shape.


Also, a card for my friends' little girl who loves the Yellow Power Ranger. I had some Power Rangers wrapping paper so I took a scrap that was left over and cut out the character images and the title block. I also hand cut the Lightening Flash and the number 6 which I attached with 3D foam
-------------------------------------------

Finally, I have also made my first ever exploding box - my friend ordered one for her mum's birthday. I used photos on the first and third levels and then a verse on the middle layer which read:
"You're our wacky mum and grandma, we're your daughter and grandson, we have a tie between us, that can never be undone. We drive each other crazy, but we love each other too, and so now on your birthday, we're sending our love to you"



No comments: